Websites play a significant role in the success of a business. You’ll lose many potential sales if your business doesn’t have a website.
If you don’t have a website, create it ASAP to see a boost in your sales.
Having said that, if you aren’t knowledgeable about creating a website, you can hire a web designer — an individual or agency.
As you know, not all service providers are equal. So, how to choose a web designer?
This blog contains the answer to your question. Let’s get started!
Qualities to Look For in a Web Designer
Let’s start this blog by considering the qualities to look for in a web designer. Next, we will discuss the controversial topic of choosing between an individual web designer and an agency.
1. Good Communication and Collaboration
Good communication is highly essential for successful work.
When you send information to your web designer, you expect that person to reply quickly. If not, you’ll be frustrated.
So, when hiring a web designer, you should ensure that the person has a record of good communication.
Besides communication, you should also ensure the designer you choose can collaborate and work well with your team. Usually, the designers can quickly understand your requirements and work well with your team.
2. Have the Necessary Skills
If you want a great website, you should choose a skilled person for the project.
Here are some skills to look for in your web designer.
- Coding ability. Coding skills don’t matter much if you prefer to use CMS like WordPress, Wix, etc.
- Ability to develop a user-friendly website.
- Ability to optimize the website across all devices.
- Ability to optimize the website to load fast.
3. Check Their Experience
Before signing a contract with a web designer, you should ensure to check their previous work.
A good, experienced web designer will have their portfolio easily accessible. You can go through the websites they built to see the quality of their work.
You should also ensure the designer can build a website for your industry and requirements. For instance, if a designer specializes in developing news websites, they may not be a good fit for an e-commerce website development project.
Web Designing — Individual vs. Agency
In most cases, individual web designers will be freelancers. So, here are the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a web-designing freelancer or agency.
Pros of Hiring an Individual Web Designer
- Better communication. Since the web designer will directly work on your project, that person will have an exact idea of the progress and will be able to communicate with you accordingly.
- More affordable. Usually, a web designer will charge less than an agency.
- Flexible pricing. Unlike agencies, a web designer will come up with a price according to your needs. In other words, you don’t have to pay for the service you don’t want.
Cons of Hiring an Individual Web Designer
- Fewer ideas. When you work with an individual, they will provide you with limited website design options as they work only based on their ideas and skill level.
- Long turnaround time. If only one person is working on your project, they will require more time to complete the work.
There are many good web designers on freelance sites like Upwork, Fiverr, etc. You can choose a designer depending on your requirements.
Pros of Hiring a Web Designing Agency
- More ideas. When you hire an agency, many people will work on your project. Since each person has a different idea, they can provide you with more website design options.
- Better skills. Don’t get us wrong. Some web designers are highly skilled. But, agencies usually have a specialist for each job. For instance, a graphic designing expert will design the images for your website. If you work with an individual, the images will be designed by that person.
- Faster delivery of work. Since more people will be involved in the project, they can create your website much quicker than an individual.
Cons of Hiring a Web Designing Agency
- Expensive. Usually, web designing agencies will charge more than web designers as more people will be involved in the project.
- Lesser flexibility. Web designing agencies work with fixed pricing. Even if you don’t want certain features mentioned in their packages, they will charge you the same money.
Ultimately, choosing between an individual and an agency depends on your personal preference. But, if you have the budget, we recommend you work with an agency for faster completion. Also, they will provide you with better after-sales technical support.
Bonus tip: Work with an agency or individual from your country, as they will work in the same time zone. Working in the same time zone will make communication easier. This is especially true if your team is involved, as they can communicate with the designer during working hours. If you find a good designer abroad, you can definitely work with that person. But make sure to agree upon a suitable time for communicating.
Why Choose Lead Nicely as Your Web Designer?
Yes, you heard us right! We can design websites, not just normal ones but fantastic ones.
We are a digital marketing company offering a wide range of services, from web designing to SEO to email marketing.
Here are the benefits of choosing Lead Nicely as your web designer.
- Team of experts. When you hire Lead Nicely, you can rest assured that experts will work on your project. Experts will handle everything, from designing to writing content for pages.
- Affordable. Though agencies charge more compared to freelancers, we are an exception. Our pricing is reasonable compared to our competitors and top web-designing freelancers.
- Good communication. When our experts work on your project, we have a dedicated person to communicate with you about the progress. If you want any changes to the design, you can conveniently inform our team about them.
- Quick work. Since many experts will work on your website project, you can be sure that your website will be designed quickly.
- Good technical support. If you experience any technical issues after we deliver your website, we can help you with it.
We hope this blog gave you a clear idea of how to choose a web designer. We would love to have you choose Lead Nicely for your website project.